Hiring Lauriston Halls outside the Fringe

Lauriston Hall is a large modern church / community hall used for: an anniversary party, band practice, birthday party, ceilidh, charity, club, engagement party, event, exhibition, function, graduation, meeting, party, student society, wedding party (including humanist) etc. A licensed bar is available and food can be self-catering / buffet.

The Small Hall is useful for small meetings, band practices, family parties, rehearsals etc.

Ken Gourlay
Venue Manager
Lauriston Halls
3 Hayfield
Edinburgh EH12 8UJ
+44 (0)131 339 5374 (24 hours)


 Text in blue is hyperlinked to images

Large hall & stage Small hall Bar
Size 25m x 17m
~ tennis court
13m x 9m
Capacity 200 50
Stage 9m x 5m
Backstage Corridor behind stage
Dressing room Included Included
Sound PA system included Included
Special Air-conditioning, modernised  Piano Soft drinks £1
Rent £60/hr, charity £40 £30/hour,charity £15 Alcohol £3

Toilets: 5 female cubicles & washbasins, 2 male, 1 disabled on ground floor

The Large Hall has moveable partitions which allow you to adjust the size of the Hall to the size of your audience

Lighting very variable & dimmable

Storage space available free

Viewing – contact Venue Manager. Normal viewing times:

Wednesdays 11-1

and during our public ceilidhs – see Ceilidhs – Dates

Booking hours

Before festival 0131 339 5374 24 hours
During festival 0131 339 5374 9-12am
(not Sundays) 07585 445 995 12-9pm

Disabled access
Both halls are on the ground level and are accessible to wheelchair users. There is a wheelchair accessible toilet. The raised stage has a wheelchair lift.

To make a booking inquiry
Check Ceilidhs – Calendar for current bookings then either ring 0131 339 5374 (24 hours) or
e-mail us with required date(s) and times and state whether you are interested in the Large or Small Hall (if you don’t get an answer within 2 days it may be because we’re travelling and out of range of wifi in which case you may want to leave a message on 0131 339 5374 which we check every day).

or submit the following form: